Open source projects, such as the Zephyr Project, depend on the support of membership to fund project resources and activities. That CI the project relies on? Funded by membership. Booths at industry events that showcase the great work coming out of the community? Funded by membership. The annual Zephyr Developer Summit? Not possible without membership.
Zephyr Project Member Benefits
- End User? Help fund the stability/growth of the RTOS for which you are basing your products on
- Amplify your Products Running Zephyr
- Highlight your Vendor Offerings
- Take advantage of a fast track to Technical Steering Committee participation
- Contribute to the project and help shape the Zephyr roadmap
- Demonstrate leadership in the industry and your application area
- Help shape the Zephyr Certification Program
- Leverage community marketing and networking opportunities
- Share best practices
- Learn from and engage with the Zephyr community
- Leverage the Zephyr Careers Page as part of your recruitment efforts
- Showcase your membership with a Zephyr Member Badge
The table below outlines benefits and investments associated with each level of membership. The membership form and charter can be previewed here. If you have questions about membership, please Contact Us!
|Zephyr Project Membership Levels||Platinum||Silver||Associate*||Community**|
|Zephyr Code Access & Development Participation||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Zephyr Technical Steering Committee||Yes||Yes||Per contribution level||Per contribution level|
|Governing Board Participation||Yes||1 representative for every 10 Silver members||No||No|
|Governing Board Voting||Yes||1 vote for every 10 Silver members||No||No|
|Marketing Committee Participation||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Safety Committee Participation||Yes||By Invitation||By Invitation||By Invitation|
|Security Committee Participation||Yes||By Invitation||By Invitation||By Invitation|
|Access to Certification Audit Artifacts||Yes||No||No||No|
|Level||Not Yet LF Member||Already LF Member|
|Platinum||$120,000 (USD)||$100,000 (USD)|
|Silver||$40,000 (USD) 5,000+ total employees|
$35,000 (USD) 3,000 – 4,999
$30,000 (USD) 1,000 – 2,999
$25,000 (USD) 500 – 999
$17,500 (USD) 100 – 499
$12,500 (USD) 50 – 99
$10,000 (USD) Up to 49
| $20,000 (USD) 3,000+ total employees
$15,000 (USD) 1,000 – 2,999
$10,000 (USD) 500 – 999
$7,500 (USD) 50 – 499
$5,000 (USD) Up To 49
* The Associate Member category of membership is limited to non-profits, open source projects, and government entities, and requires approval by the Governing Board.
** Community represents any non-member participating in the project.
Note: Membership is not required to participate in the Zephyr Project. Individual developers can find information on how to contribute here
For Zephyr membership questions, please email email@example.com
Linux Foundation Member Benefits
Silver Membership Benefits below. See the full deck for additional details, as well as benefits provided to Gold and Platinum Members of the LF.
- Linux Foundation Member Summit
- 20% registration discount to eligible Linux Foundation events
- A 5% discount on Linux Foundation Event sponsorship
- Ten coupon codes good for any eLearning, certification exam, or eLearning/exam bundle
- Your legal counsel’s ability to participate in bi-monthly legal calls.
- One invite for your in-house counsel to LF Legal Summit
- Company logo on the LF website.
- Post one technical article about an open source project you care about to Linux.com, which has over 1 million unique visitors per month.
- Have your company’s events featured on our community events calendar: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/about/community/