Written by Chris Gammel, Developer Relations Lead at Golioth
Cellular IoT products struggle with battery life. Getting and staying connected to a cell tower takes a good amount of energy. Though we’re past the days of GSM drawing amps of current (!), it is still costly to open sessions to the tower. Understanding how your device is communicating with the Cloud is crucial to building robust devices that will last years in the field.
This webinar will include Golioth team members, alongside Jared Wolff of CircuitDojo. Jared is an early adopter of Golioth and a Golioth Ambassador, as well as an advocate for Zephyr RTOS. Golioth utilizes Jared’s nRF9160 Feather board designs in all of our current cellular-based Reference Designs.
What you can expect from this Webinar
First and foremost, we hope to make this a more dynamic and interactive session than many technical webinars. (No one will be reading Powerpoint slides in a monotone voice here!) The session will cover:
- Understanding your connection to cellular towers
- Understanding your power draw when in a passive or sleep mode
- Measurement challenges for embedded cellular projects
- Methods for saving data (and power) when connecting to the cloud
- Building robust device health metrics for your fleet
- System architecture decisions for lower power circuit boards
Sign up now!
This webinar is at 1 pm EST / 10 am PST on January 18th, 2023. If you can’t make it the day of, you can still still sign up to access the on-demand content. Those who attend will have an opportunity to ask questions towards the end of the presentation. Register here: https://streamyard.com/watch/YPAJPGtVziki.